Friday, May 18, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

This weekend I had a fabulous mother's day!! Saturday morning we all got up and went and got breakfast and ventured out to find the perfect hammock....lol, i know it's silly but I've REALLY been wanting a hammock for these beautiful summer nights.....as if I would ever have time to lay in one. I found the one I wanted..and it was $200. Poor Josh was willing to buy this (he is a very smart with spending) because he knew I wanted it but I just couldn't justify spending that much for something that would sit out in the rain not being used most of the time. We decided to do a little more shopping and let the kids go read and play at Barnes & Noble. This has become there favorite hang out spot as they both love reading and I don't mind the caffeine free vanilla latte either! As we were walking out Josh ran back in as I loaded the kids up in the car.....10 minutes later he comes out with bag in hand and says "happy mothers day from me and the kids"! The NOOK COLOR! wow, I have secretly wanted this for months but didn't feel like I had enough down time to buy one. I was thrilled....it also came with a cute Lily Pulitzer cover. I felt so spoiled due to the quality time we were all spending and then the gifts. All in all, perfect mother's day weekend Saturday!! That afternoon Kinlee and I had plans with my girlfriend and her daughter to attend the mother daughter tea party at a Brown Pusey house in our local area. We made the girls hats earlier in the week and got all dolled up. There was a happy hats contest, KINLEE WON! :) I was excited. It was a blast! On Sunday, Mother's Day, I reflected on the fact that my mom wasn't here to share this day with me. I know she is here, I can feel her a lot of the times but I just miss the physicality. It's been 14 years since I've been able to celebrate with her, hug her, kiss her, talk to her and I just miss it. I had a bit of an emotional time at one point but overall had a very blessed weekend. I miss you mom, and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! :)

1 comment: